Our blog has moved! Please visit us at our new site: www.accokeekfoundation.org/blog
The Accokeek Foundation stewards 200 acres of Piscataway Park, a national park located in Accokeek, Maryland, on the shore of the Potomac River directly across from Mount Vernon. Our land serves as an outdoor classroom for our educational programs, research, agricultural and conservation projects. The park is open to the public year ’round.
Things to do when visiting…
- Step back in time and explore the National Colonial Farm
- Catch the big one and enjoy the views across the Potomac from the fishing pier
- Pack a picnic and bring the family
- Take a hike along one of five nature trails
- Say hello to our heritage breed cattle, sheep, chickens, turkeys, and hogs
- Bring the camera and catch all of your memories on film
- Enjoy the quiet beauty of Piscataway Park!